ST Web Designs Ltd (ST Web Designs, we, us and our) is a Web Design and Hosting Company.
This policy tells you how we collect and use your information based on what you tell us about yourself, including any data you may provide through this website, what we learn by having you as a customer, and the choices you make during your relationship with us. This policy also explains your data rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’).
We are registered with the ICO, our details are:
- Data Controller: ST Web Designs Ltd
- Registration Number: ZA448749
We encourage you to take time to read this policy and get in touch if you have any questions. To get in touch with us regarding this policy or anything else relating to how we use your information, please email us at – firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your personal data very seriously and you can expect, as a customer, information we hold about you will not be disclosed to anyone other than in the circumstances listed below:
- Where we are legally required to disclose;
- Where we have a public duty to disclose;
- Where our legitimate business purposes require disclosure,
- Where the disclosure is made with your consent; or
- As set out in other circumstances within this policy.
We promise to keep your data safe and private.
Under the GDPR, we can only use your personal information where we have a reason to do so. We use your personal information on the following lawful basis:
|Consent||Where you have given clear consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose.|
|Contract||Processing is necessary for us to fulfil a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract.|
|Legal Obligation||The processing is necessary for us to comply with the law.|
|Legitimate Interests||The processing is necessary for our legitimate interests; however, these interests will not outweigh your rights as an individual.|
We have outlined below any lawful basis which may cause us to use your information, including our legitimate interests:
|Use of information||Lawful basis for processing including basis of Legitimate Interests|
To provide our services
• To register you as a new customer,
• To help us assess and process your application for website or hosting services,
• To issue communications including legal, regulatory and servicing communications relating to our relationship with you.
Performance of a contract with you
Our Legitimate Interests:
• To ensure we lend responsibly, validate your ID and prevent financial crime to manage our business risks.
• Manage payments, fees and charges,
• To collect money owed to us and recover debt including tracing your whereabouts,
• To help us investigate any complaints, disputes or other enquiries that you have with us.
Performance of a contract with us,
Our Legal Obligation,
Our Legitimate Interests:
• To ensure we recover debts owed to us.
• To ensure we resolve your complaints in a timely manner and ensure we put things right.
Manage financial crime, IT security & risks
• To help us fight financial crime such as fraud and money laundering,
• To help us protect the business and our customers,
• To administer and protect our business and our website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data).
Performance of a contract with you,
Our legal obligation,
Our legitimate interest:
• To detect and prevent financial crime, verify your ID to manage business risks and to comply with rules applicable for us,
• For running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security,
• The context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise.
Marketing and product development
• To help us develop and undertake marketing campaigns,
• To personalise our marketing content based on customer base,
• To help us develop or improve products or services.
Our legitimate interest:
• To provide information about our products and services that may be suitable for you,
• To provide customers more relevant messages based on their account,
• To study how you use our products/services, to develop them, ensure our product or services meet your needs, to grow our business and inform our business and marketing strategy.
General business operations
• To help us to perform administrative, operational or compliance oversight activities including monitoring calls, communications, testing of our systems, policies and procedures.
Our legal obligation,
Our legitimate interest:
• To develop our business, improve the service we provide to our customers, and to train our employees.
ST Web Designs Ltd uses the following information about you:
• Contact Information: Where you live and your contact details such as telephone number and email address,
• Financial data: Your card details for processing payments,
• Communication information: Your contact with us including calls, emails, letters, and Live Chat,
• Transactional data: Your repayment behaviour and payment amounts,
• Preferences: How you use our product and services. This includes any consent provided during your applications such as marketing preference.
• Sensitive/ Special Category information: Details provided by you or an approved party regarding your circumstances such as health which help make decisions on your account,
• Device data: Information collected from your devices (computer, mobile, tablet etc.) and your usage of our website.
We may collect personal information about you through various ways:
• Using our website: Information we collect when you use the ST Web Designs website (such as IP address, operating system and preferred web browser),
• Applications: Personal information you provide us when applying for one of our services such as your contact details, date of birth and your financial position,
• Third parties we work with: This includes organisations such as data centres for our servers, fraud prevention agencies, Google analytics and tools, comparison websites, and social media networks,
• Communications: When you communicate with us including when you write to us, (letter, email or Live Chat), call us, or through other any interaction with us such as completing surveys, entering competitions and promotions,
• Using our services: Data collected when you use our product and services such as payments, usage data and trends,
Our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
We may use your personal information, like details you have provided during your relationship with us, or information we have collected, to make automated decisions.
Where you apply for a website and/or hosting, we use automated decisions to decide if we have the capacity to take on your website request. The automated decisions we take may impact the products or services we may offer you.
Types of automated decision we make:
• Assessing our availability to supply our services: We use automated decisions when you apply with us and this helps us decide whether we can provide you with a website or not. We do this through using data you have provided during your application together with data provided by current project times. If you are an existing customer, we will also use information regarding the payment history on your previous/existing account, existing customers will take priority if they are good at keeping up with payments, (This method of automated decision making ensures ST Web Designs can keep up with workloads keeping our service cost effective and giving fair consumer outcomes),
• Fighting financial crime: We can also use automated decisions based on your personal information and data provided by external agencies to detect, prevent and deter fraud,
• Delivering suitable products and services: We will use the information, together with information obtained from customers who are similar to you, to study and learn about our customers’ needs, and to make decisions based on what we learn. This enables us to provide suitable products and services for groups of customers, and to manage our relationships with them.
We will never share any of your personal information with 3rd parties without consent, we do however use some services that may collect information about you, these company’s/organisations comply with current GDPR Laws so rest assured your data is safe. Below is a list of current company types that may hold details about you:
• Data Centre(s) we use.
• Regulatory bodies.
• Payment system(s) we may use.
• Approved members of ST Web Designs Ltd.
We may also share your personal information if the structure of ST Web Designs Ltd changes, and to any new subsidiaries that may be added. We will consider how this impacts your personal information and ensure we operate to keep your information safe.
We will only send your data outside of the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) to comply with a legal obligation or to help us with our business operations such as working with third parties to manage our products and services or to fulfil your request.
If we do transfer information outside of the EEA, we will ensure the information is held securely to standards at least as good as those in the EEA and used only for the purposes set out in this policy. We will do this by ensuring that at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
• We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission;
• Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
• Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.
We will only keep your information for as long as we need it. If you have used any service with us, we will keep your personal information for as long as you are a customer or 6 years following the closure of your last payment to us.
If you have applied for any services but you were declined, we may keep your personal information up to six years from your application date.
We may keep your data for one of these reasons:
• To manage your account with us such as applications, repayments and keeping you up to date on the status of your account.
• To deal with any enquires, complaints or disputes you may have with us.
• To combat financial crime.
• To comply with legal and tax requirements including any rules that applies to us.
• For research or statistical purposes.
• We may also keep your data for longer than 6 years if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
We may use your personal information to tell you about relevant products and offers for marketing purposes within ST Web Designs Ltd. This information includes details provided by you when you provided consent or under ‘legitimate interests’.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can withdraw consent by:
• Amending your preference online via our Members Area.
• Clicking on ‘unsubscribe’ on marketing emails you receive from us.
• Emailing us on email@example.com.
If you withdraw your consent and you are a customer with us, you will still receive important information such as payment reminders, regulatory notices and other service related communication. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw consent.
You have the right to access the personal information we hold on you (commonly known as a “data subject access request”).
You have the right to ask us to rectify any personal information we hold on you that you believe is wrong or incomplete, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. If you have any concerns about the information we hold, please get in touch.
You may have a right to have some or all information we hold about you deleted. However, you should bear in mind that, as a web design and hosting company, we are required to retain many records even after you close your account with us.
You have the right, in certain circumstances, to receive some of your information electronically from us. We will provide this information to you or to another party you have authorised such as another individual or another business.
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. When you get in contact with us, we may state the legal or other required reasons why we need to process your data.
In some instances, we may be able to restrict the use of your personal information. You can ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
• If it is not accurate or up to date.
• If it’s been used unlawfully but you don’t want us to delete it.
• If it is not relevant any more, however, but you want us to keep it for use in legal claims. If you have already asked us to stop using your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
To exercise any of your rights above, please contact us – firstname.lastname@example.org
We try to meet the highest standards when collecting and using your personal information. If you are unhappy how buffa has processed or used your personal information, please contact us by email – email@example.com. You may also complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).
ST Web Designs Ltd
Company number - 11385262
Registered Office - International House, 61 Mosley Street, Manchester, England, M2 3HZ
Contact address – 61 Hamilton Street, Stalybridge, Cheshire, Manchester, England, SK15 1LN
Telephone number - 07732284644
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org